Friday 30 October 2015

Halloween Cobweb Eye Make-Up

Hey guys, Today I wanted to do something a little different, and show you guys a quick make-up look you can do last minute for a Halloween party.

As the title suggests the focus of this look is going to be cobweb detailing around the eye, you can do this to both eyes if you prefer but I think it looks great over just one eye, and obviously, only doing it to one saves time!

To start with you will need to to have everything ready for your look, I'm not going to say you need the exact products I have used, just use your favourite products that you have to hand.

I ended up not using a couple of the products shown

So instead, I'm going to give you a list of things you will need :-

Face
  • Foundation
  • Concealer
  • Blush
  • Powder
Eyes
  • Primer/Cream Eyeshadow
  • Eyeshadows (preferably smokey shades)
  • Eyeliner - Gel/Pencil/Pen
  • Mascara 
Lips
  • You can pretty much use any colour on your lips, I went with a purple lip butter, but you can do neutral if you want to keep the attention on your eyes, but remember, its a Halloween look, so have fun with it!
You will also need your usual arsenal of make up brushes.

Right, Long introductions asides, lets get started! You'll first need to create a nice canvas for your eye make up so I started with my face make up, using foundation, and concealer to make a nice smooth base, I then added some blush and set it all with powder.

Next, taking your eyeshadow base, I used a cream shadow stick from ELF Cosmetics, apply this to your eyelid and blend out until you have something like this -

Base Colour

Then start to build up a nice smokey eye, I used the Collection Work The Colour Pallet in Smokey, Starting with a medium silver shade across the lid over my base. 

First Shadow

Next coming in with a matte black, I added depth to the crease and outer V shape.

Second Shadow

Then I lined my upper lash line with my L'Oreal blackbuster liner, and my tightline and water line with pencil liner. I also added a lighter silver shade to the inner corner to highlight and then using a clean fluffy brush I blended out any harsh lines.

Liner

Once your happy with the smokey eye you have created, its time to work on the cobweb detail. I dont have pictures of the process because I'm not exactly a smart cookie, but its super easy. All you need to do it grab a nice dark black eyeliner, a skinny felt tip style would probably work best for this, but all I had to hand was an ELF cosmetic mineral eyeliner, and draw a series of long straight lines, going from the forehead to the crease, and under the eye to the cheek bone, all the way around the eye. I started just off the centre of my eyelid, and ended just under it. Then join the lines together in curved lines to make the cobweb shape. If my instructions made sense you should end up with something like the following images.

Cobweb!

Feel free to make yours neater than mine, the ELF Pencil was not the easiest product to use for this type of look, but as you can see its actually super easy to do. The next step is a couple coats of mascara, you could eye add false lashes if you want something more dramatic. 

Finished Cobweb

Finished Non Cobweb Smokey Eye


Finish with a final dusting of powder and the lipstick/gloss of your choice and your look is complete! I would pair this look with something like a little black dress or a nice black lace playsuit and some heels and you are good to go.
Finished Look!


And there you have it,  a quick and easy halloween look for any last minute parties you might be attending!

Hope you guys enjoyed this! Let me know, either in the comments or on twitter what you think of this and if you want more things like this in the future.

Talk to you soon
Byee xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment