Saturday 24 October 2015

Nailed It! - Rimmel Mercury

Hi guys, Today I have a long over due Nailed it post! Does anyone remember these from way back when? My last one was back in April 2014.. Oops!

So basically, asides from the obvious "I haven't been blogging" the other reason why I have done one of these in a while is that I was having my nails done by a friend of mine, and I was pretty much having the same boring colours on my nails each time, and to be honest, the quality of the work wasn't always that great, but I have since taken my gels off and will be going back to doing them myself now that they have grown slightly.. Well for the most part. 
Please also bare in mind, these photos were taken a few week ago and I have since had gels on, and off again so expect more Nailed It! posts in the near future! 

So today I'm going to be talking about Mercury from the Kate Moss for Rimmel Salon Pro Range.


Now I want you to take a minute to look at how nice this polish looks, I fell in love pretty quickly when I saw this in the store and popped it into my basket with great enthusiasm. The colour is this really beautiful pale olive green with purple and rose gold shimmer running through it, it almost looks like an 'Oil Slick' polish but lighter and greener.. however this beauty doesn't translate onto the nails. 


On the nails this looses all its shimmery, multi tonal goodness and becomes a bland green shade, which ordinarily wouldnt be a problem, but the issue here is that its so beautiful in the bottle and I thought it would look equally as nice on the nails, you know being slightly different colours in different lights, and its just not. Its not a terrible colour, its just a little disappointing.
The polish itself is opaque in two coats but does show brush marks so you have to be careful how to paint in straight lines.

So overall, its not a terrible polish, I do like it, but it is a disappointing product.

Rimmel Kate Salon Pro Polishes retail for £4.49 and can be purchased in most drug store and supermarkets in the UK.

Thanks for reading guys.
Talk to you soon
Byee xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment