Thursday 27 February 2014

Leighton Denny VS Barry M

As I've mentioned in a couple of posts, I recently received a bottle of a Leighton Denny polish in Mines A Rose, and ever since opening my Birchbox and seeing the polish I couldn't shake a feeling I had seen that polish before, and after a couple of days thinking about it, I decided to reach into my nail polish drawer and fish out Barry M's polish in Peach Melba, so I thought I'd do a comparison of these two gorgeous shades for you guys.



Side by side these two shades look very similar, although the Barry M shade is slightly darker, and a little bit more on the peachy/coral side.



I think the similarities between these two polishes run a lot deeper than just the shades, the bottles themselves are very similar in style, including the the thick glass base, and the curve at the base of the actual polish.
Not only that...
Left - Barry M / Right - Leighton Denny

Barry M Brush

Leighton Denny Brush

But the style and shape of the brushes are very similar, they are about the same length and width as each other, they also apply the product in the same way.. which brings me back to my original point about the actual shade of these polishes. On the nails the darkness of the Barry M shade really shows through. 

Left - Barry M / Right - Leighton Denny 

As much as the polishes do differ slightly in colour, I think they are similar enough to say that you don't need both in your collection, both are gorgeous shades and both are very beautiful in consistency and application, but over all they are very similar but with all that being said, if you want a slightly paler peach, and a slightly peachier peach in your collection then by all means buy both. 

Barry M Nail Paints retail for £2.99 and are currently on offer at Superdrug, where as the Leighton Denny polishes retail for £11 and can be purchased in store and online at Marks And Spencer

I hope you guys liked this comparison post, if you want to see more comparison posts then let me know in the comments below.

Thanks for reading this guys, have a great weekend. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment