Wednesday 5 February 2014

So I had to get glasses...

Good morning everyone, hope your all having a wonderful week! Today I have a different kind of post for you all, which is all about my new glasses! (Warning this will be a word heavy post)

I had my eyes tested a while ago, because I was having difficulty seeing long distances,and when I was at work I couldn't see peoples faces, I just had to guess who it was and hope I wasn't wrong, it was a constant struggle and it wasn't getting any better, so off to Tesco I went for a free eye test, I was told during the appointment that yes, I could do with glasses but if I wore them I'd probably end up needing to wear them a lot and it was my choice so I opted against them and carried on the way I was going.
             Fast forward to October last year when I started learning to drive, although it wasn't too bad I was struggling to see road signs until they were right next to me, and my vision was getting worse while I was at work, so this time I went to Asda Opticians and had my eyes tested again, I walked in knowing they were going to tell me I needed glasses so I was already prepared, I was told my left eye is weaker than my right, and that I needed glasses for distance seeing. I couldn't choose my glasses straight away as I had other appointments to get to but they said it was fine to come back whenever, so a few weeks later (yes, I am not an organised person) I went to choose my glasses and opted for a pair of normal glasses and a pair of sunglasses, that are mainly for when I start driving in the summer time when the sun is glaring.




I chose relatively plain glasses, but to be fair the selection of frames was, I wouldn't say poor but its only a small selection, but my fiance agreed with the frames for my every day glasses and the sunglasses I didn't really think too much about I just chose them on a whim and was like "yeah, these will do" The glasses were £70, or two for £99 for single vision lens' which is what I needed.



              I have to admit, I am really happy with the decision to get glasses, when I first put them on, I was like "oh my god look at all the stuff I can see!" It was amazing, and when I'm at work wearing them, its amazing, I try not to wear them all the time but when I do the difference is incredible. I have only had my glasses since Saturday, and have never wore them in my before in my life, but some of the people who I've worked with for over two years thought that I'd always wore them.. Apparently my face just suits glasses!
             My only complaint is that when I have mascara on, my eyelashes touch my lens' and I can feel it when I blink, which is slightly annoying but hey ho, its the price you pay for good vision :')!

Anyway, Thats enough of a ramble about my glasses, I hope you liked this post, leave me a comment letting me know if you wear glasses and what you think of them! and I'll talk to all of you soon, byee!  

0 comments:

Post a Comment