Saturday 1 February 2014

My Top Tips For Early Winter Mornings!

Cold and Foggy Mornings are Afoot!

I have mentioned this before, but over the past two years I have been getting up at 4:30am, every other week for work. I have never liked doing this, In fact I hate it, especially in the winter, because its dark when I wake up, and now that I have changed my shifts around, its dark when I come home, which sucks. However I have developed a few tips and tricks to get me through, and I thought it might be fun to share these with you guys, in hopes they may help, even just one of you! Granted the first three are more aimed at winter time, but the last tips can be used at any time of year to help you deal with those early mornings.

1) Set your heating on a timer.
Obviously this is easier if you own your own place, but if you don't you can always ask your parents permission, especially if your the one who gets up first. I set mine for a half hour before I am due to wake up, that way when I get out of bed, the house is lovely and toasty.

2) Put your clothes on the radiator before moving onto tip 3.
I love doing this, I always put my work uniform and my towel on the radiators, this means I have warm clothes to change into after step 3.

3) Have a hot bath/shower.
This well help wake up, feel more alive, and less like a zombie and also get your ready for the day a head. I tend to opt for a quick bath, I don't own a shower, so I jump in, wash my hair,body, & face, then jump out and quickly get dry.

I have an hour before I actually set off for work so I try to get the first 3 tips done, including drying my hair and getting dressed, done in the first half hour, which leads onto the next tips.

4) Have a strong coffee and a good breakfast.

I opt for an Americano for my coffee machine because its strong without being disgusting, and I usually have a bowl of cereal, I'm not fussy over what cereal I eat, as long as I have something in my system.

5) Take 5 minutes to yourself.
I usually take time out while I'm drinking my coffee, to check twitter, my blog, my emails etc and just have a few moments to myself, I strongly advise this, not just in winter but in general, If you start your day a little bit later, take longer, because this way, work is just a part of your day, Not the reason you get out of bed.. Unfortunately for me, there is no way I'm getting out of bed before 4:30am! 

6) Wear less makeup.
I know for some people this is hard, but for me I slap on some mascara and some concealer, brush my teeth then finish with some lip balm (important in the winter) and I'm ready to go. If you wake up with plenty of time to spare then by all means do a full face of make up, otherwise just stick to the essentials, and save your self time to collect your things casually instead of rushing around in the last few minutes.

I really hope this helps some of you deal with the winter mornings. Let me know if you like these types of posts, if so I'll keep doing them. 

Speak to you soon!  
xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment