Thursday 20 March 2014

MUA Out There Lipgloss - Review

Hey everyone, Happy Thursday!

Last week I posted a haul for you and thought I should update you all on how I'm getting along with the products I picked up. The first products I want to tell you about are the lipglosses I picked up from MUA cosmetics. I had looked at these lipglosses for ages before finally putting them in my basket, the thing that drew my attention to these lipglosses was A) The price, at just £2 and B) The size, the tube is super long suggesting you get a lot of product. 
          I picked up two of these lipglosses to try out, and I have to admit, I am kind of on the fence about these, I mean, for the price they aren't bad but they aren't exactly good either, if that makes sense.. The first thing I will say is that these lipglosses are marketed as plumping, and I didn't feel anything to suggest that these had a plumping effect in them, nor did I see any results of this, however the colours are lovely and I think that makes up a huge portion of the 'good' in these lipglosses.




          The first colour I tried was Pin Up Pink, and as a swatch on the back of my hand it was a lot deeper, where as on the lips it comes across as more of a 'your lips, but a little bit darker' which actually I quite like, however the application was a bit sparse and took a while to build up into something wearable, this is the same with the next shade.. 




          Which is Shocking Pink, this shade is much brighter and has much better colour pay off, still takes a little bit to build up to this colour intensity but overall is a great bright barbie pink colour. 
          I think a lot of the problem lies in the applicator, it doesn't pick up a lot of product and it isn't really very good at 'spreading' the product across the lips, I think with a lip brush you would get a lot better results from these glosses, but over all for just £2 they are pretty good, and I can see myself picking up the other colours in the range.. 

All MUA products are available at Superdrug, and online at MUA and prices range from £1 to £8. 

Thanks for reading guys! Talk to you soon xx

1 comments: